About: Our Mission
We believe health for animals improves health for all.
HealthforAnimals is the voice of the animal health industry and an advocate for the fundamental role of healthy animals in improving global wellbeing, sustainability and prosperity.
HealthforAnimals represents developers and manufacturers of animal health products, including vaccines, diagnostics, parasiticides, antibiotics, digital technologies, and other tools that the health and well-being of animals.
We believe health for animals improves health for all. It’s why HealthforAnimals provides a common platform for our Membership to collaborate and support actions that help protect the health and well-being of animals, which includes:
- Supporting the sustainability of keeping animals. By delivering innovation, expertise and services that keep animals healthy, raising animals requires fewer planetary resources and has a lower environmental impact.
- Upholding animal welfare. Minimising the burden of disease and ill health improves the quality of life of pets and livestock, allowing them to thrive and reach their full potential
- Increasing access to veterinary care. Supporting the training and professional development of veterinary professionals around the world offers multiple benefits for public health, animal agriculture, environment and pet ownership.
- Reinforcing the human-animal bond. Maintaining the health and well-being of pets safeguards the benefits of their companionship, while reducing the risk of disease for the animal and owner.
- Strengthening our ‘One Health’. Protecting animals against disease means a stronger defence against the health threats shared by people, animals, and environment.
HealthforAnimals seeks to maximize the benefits that animals offer society – from the companionship of pets to the nutritious meat, milk, fish and eggs that help safely feed and sustain billions of people. By promoting innovation in veterinary health, policies, products and partnerships, HealthforAnimals sees a future in which better animal health can help:
- Meet rising global demand for safe, nutritious animal-sourced foods.
- Support sustainable and environmentally responsible animal protein production.
- Improve the livelihoods of the 1.3 billion people who rely upon livestock.
- Keep pace with the needs of a growing global pet population.
- Manage the risk of antimicrobial resistance through prevention and responsible use.
- Reduce the threat of zoonoses and future pandemics.
When animals are healthier, the people and planet surrounding them can better thrive. It’s why health for animals improves health for all.